Twelve Women of the Bible Group Bible Study with Lysa TerKeurst. In Twelve Women of the Bible Group Bible Study with Lysa TerKeurst, unearth fresh insights for your life from women who lived thousands of years ago. In this twelve-session DVD small group Bible study based on the bestselling devotional Women of the Bible, you'll meet 12 women who encountered God and whose lives were forever changed. These remarkable women will encourage you through their failures as well as their successes. You'll see how God drew them to himself as they struggled to live with faith in a world filled with trials. And you'll see how their lives, though lived long ago, speak with fresh relevance to the issues in your life and relationships today.
This volume will introduce you to 12 of the key characters of the Old and New Testament. You'll study the lives of:
- Rebekah, Breaking free of feminine stereotypes
- Abigail, Dealing with confrontation in relationships
- Hannah, Struggling to wait and sacrifice
- Eve, Finding lasting contentment in the truth
- Gomer, Learning to accept unconditional love
- Leah, Overcoming rejection and insecurity
- Mary Magdalene
- Mary of Bethany, Serving others, the power of faith in action
- Martha, Working hard to please others
- The Woman at the Well, Jesus turns our mess into a powerful message
- Mary [the mother of Jesus] , Moving from comfort to courage
- The SyroPhoenician Woman, Be persistent and bold in approaching God
This fresh look at the women in the Bible helps you discover new insights and provides a powerful witness to God's gracious love that will leave you feeling challenged, encouraged, and deeply valued.
Lysa TerKeurst is a New York Times bestselling author and national speaker who helps everyday women live an adventure of faith. She is the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries, author of 15 books, and encourages nearly 500,000 women worldwide through a daily online devotional. Her remarkable life story has captured audiences across America, including appearances on Oprah and Good Morning America. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and five children.